function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DekorDekor 

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [ProfileId]: [ProfileId]

So I'm trying to deploy an apex class to my production system however it is failing due to code coverage.

I've had a look at the failing tests and can see that "ChatterAnswersAuthProviderRegTest" is failing with the below message.

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [ProfileId]: [ProfileId]

From what I understand this test class was brought in with the spring release.  Just trying to understand why its not working on my system, any thoughts?

Here is original bug link:

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008XHfAAM
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Dekor,

Please provide the profile id which is a mandatory field ..it is not failing due to code coverage..in your test class you have not provided the profileId which is a mandatory field..

in your sandbox that is not a mandatory field so it was run there correctly..but in your production org that field is mandatory..so it is throwing error and failing the coverage..

You just find the class and line no from error and provide the profileid in test class for specific record...

Then it will solve the error and increase the coverage also..

please check and let me know if this helps you or you need anything else..

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Salesforce Certified Developer 
DekorDekor
Hi Sandeep,

I'm surprised the required field isn't already there considering salesforce implented this test.  I've just create the Apexclass and test class in my sandbox system.  I have added a ProfileID in the newuser section and specified a random number/letter combination but it is now failing with System.StringException: Invalid id: 101029200002Z.  Is there some code I should be using for it to auto generate profile ID?

Here is my new test class:

@isTest
private class ChatterAnswersAuthProviderRegTest {
  static testMethod void validateCreateUpdateUser() {
    User thisUser = [ select Id from User where Id = :UserInfo.getUserId() ];
    System.runAs ( thisUser ) {
      Auth.UserData userData = new Auth.UserData('testId', 'testFirst', 'testLast',
      'testFirst testLast', 'no-reply@salesforce.com', null, 'testuserlong', 'en_US', 'facebook',
      null, new Map<String, String>{'language' => 'en_US'});
      ChatterAnswersAuthProviderRegistration reg = new ChatterAnswersAuthProviderRegistration();
      Profile[] p = [SELECT Id FROM Profile WHERE Name = 'System Administrator'];
      User[] adminUser = [SELECT Id, Firstname, Lastname FROM User WHERE IsActive = true and ProfileId =: p[0].Id LIMIT 1];
      reg.setSiteAdminUserId(adminUser[0].Id);
      User newUser = reg.createUser(null, userData);
      System.assert(newUser != null, 'A new user should have been created');
      System.assertEquals(newUser.Firstname, 'testFirst', 'First name should have been same');
      System.assertEquals(newUser.Lastname, 'testLast', 'Last name should have been same');
      System.assertEquals(newUser.Email, 'no-reply@salesforce.com', 'Email should have been same');

Contact c = new Contact();
      c.AccountId = (newUser.Username.split('@'))[0];
      c.LastName = 'contactLast';
      insert(c);

newUser.Alias = 'firstusr';
      newUser.TimeZoneSidKey = 'America/Los_Angeles';
      newUser.LocaleSidKey = 'en_US';
      newUser.EmailEncodingKey = 'UTF-8';
      newUser.LanguageLocaleKey = 'en_US';
      newUser.ContactId = c.Id;
      newUser.ProfileID = '101029200002Z';

insert(newUser);

Auth.UserData updateUserData = new Auth.UserData('testId', 'updatedFirst', 'updatedLast',
      'updatedFirst updatedLast', 'no-reply@new.salesforce.com', null, 'testuserlong', 'en_US', 'facebook',
      null, new Map<String, String>{'language' => 'en_US'});
      reg.updateUser(newUser.Id, null, updateUserData);

User dbUser =  [SELECT Id, Firstname, Lastname, Email FROM User WHERE Id = :newUser.Id];
      System.assertEquals(dbUser.Firstname, 'updatedFirst', 'First name should have been updated');
      System.assertEquals(dbUser.Lastname, 'updatedLast', 'Last name should have been updated');
      System.assertEquals(dbUser.Email, 'no-reply@new.salesforce.com', 'Email should have been updated');
    }
  }
}

Thanks in advance!