function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rodelio SantosRodelio Santos 

Delayed bounce back email notification

Hello,

I am deliverately testing to send an email to an invalid email address in contact, however i always receive the bounce back email notification late.. 2 hours delayed..sometimes 12 hours, sometimes 1 day late. would you know if there is something i still need to configure.

Thanks in advance
Del
Best Answer chosen by Rodelio Santos
pconpcon
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do.  This bounce back email is really up to the recieving server and the MTA (Mail Transport Agent) along the path.  If it's an unknown domain and the email is undeliverable because of that you'll get it faster.  But if it's up to the MTA then it's up to them how long they hold on to it before they decide to bounce it back.

All Answers

pconpcon
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do.  This bounce back email is really up to the recieving server and the MTA (Mail Transport Agent) along the path.  If it's an unknown domain and the email is undeliverable because of that you'll get it faster.  But if it's up to the MTA then it's up to them how long they hold on to it before they decide to bounce it back.
This was selected as the best answer
pconpcon
Sorry for to be the bearer of bad news.  If you don't mind, can you pelase marked this question as solved so that it can be removed from the unanswered queue.