function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sunil_SFSunil_SF 

Deriving Amount value in Oppty involving custom fields in Oppty Prods

Hi There,

I need your assistance in acheiving the below scenario.

Here, I  primarily want to update the Amount field in oppty using a formula which is based on 4 fields in opportunity Products and 2 fields in Opportunity.

Let the Fields in Oppty Prod  be A, B, C and D and the fields in Oppty be E and F.

Formula is  (A * (B/10,000) + C + D )  + E +  F

The actual pain is in the first part of the formula (bolded above) which should be calculated for each product (Individually) of an Oppty which then should be rolled up at Oppty level and added with the later part of the formula (E + F) to update the Amount field.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated !

Thanks in advance

Anupam RastogiAnupam Rastogi
Hi Sunil,

As I understand, say for an Opportunity with 2 Opty Products...

Requirement is - 
      Opportunity Amount = ((A1 * (B1/10,000) + C1 + D1) + (A2 * (B2/10,000) + C2 + D2)) + E + F

To achieve this do the following - 

1. Create a new formula field (Currency Type) at the Opty Product level that gets you (A * (B/10,000) + C + D ) for that record

2. Create a new formula field (Roll-Up Summary Type) at the Opportunity level that gets you the sum of the field mentioned in step 1 above from Opty Product records.

3. Create another new formula field (Currency) at the Opportunity level that gets you the sum of E, F and the field created in step 2 above.

Thanks
AR

If the reply resolves your problem then please mark it as best answer.
Sunil_SFSunil_SF
Hi Anupam,

Thanks a lot !!

And, how to update the amount field (Standard field) in the opportunity with this calucaluted value ?

Have tried a w/f updating the salesprice of the product but no go.. am stuck !

Thanks in advance

Why would you need the same value on two different fields on the same object?

Still what is the issue with using the WF Field Update?
Sunil_SFSunil_SF
My actual requirement is to finally update the Amount field (OOB field) in Oppty with the value which cannot be done by a w/f since it is simply derived as
Amount   = Total price (Quantity x Sales Price) of each product. which cannot be overwriten
Hi Sunil,

Looking at the limitations posed due to the Order of Execution of various events in SFDC, the only solution I could think of this scenario is to use - 

1. Regular fields to hold the rolled up calculated values at the Opportunity level
2. Write trigger to update the Amount field with the newly created field's value

The other option, easier to use, is to replace the existing Amount field on the UI with the new Formula field that I suggested earlier.

Thanks
AR