function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shankar anandshankar anand 

Hiding the standard 'Name' field from related list

Hi,

I wanted to hide the standard 'Name' column from the related list of parent object. But after doing so I cannot navigate to the child detail page from the related list as the 'Name' field contains the link for navigation and when it's hidden, navigation is also gone.
Can we put the link on another column or any other workaround? Kindly help
Best Answer chosen by shankar anand
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Shankar,

use below formula to create hyperlink

HYPERLINK( "/"+Id, 'redirect')

you can give any name to this field, I haev given redirect..so it will show redirect as hyprlink...

use this formula field in related list instead of Name..

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Salesforce Certified Developer 

All Answers

Hi Shankar,

You can create one formula field which will haev a hyperlink to redirecto detail page..and you can show that field instead of name field ..

Thanks,
Sandeep
Hi Shankar,

use below formula to create hyperlink

HYPERLINK( "/"+Id, 'redirect')

you can give any name to this field, I haev given redirect..so it will show redirect as hyprlink...

use this formula field in related list instead of Name..

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Salesforce Certified Developer 
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Shankar,

You can not remove the name field from related list...that should be the first field and you can not remove also...

If you want to achieve whatever you said above, then you can crate a inline VF page..which will show all childs and you can customize everything there as per your need.

Thanks,
Sandeep
shankar anandshankar anand
Thanks a lot Sandeep! worked like a charm :)