function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kirsty BeyersKirsty Beyers 

Unable to create Error - Internal Case Edit/New Internal Case

Hi everyone

I am relatively new to Salesforce. When any member of staff (including myself) attempts to edit/create a new internal case, the following error message is displayed:

Error: Invalid Data. Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger ICEApprovalProcess caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: ICEApprovalProcess: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: Trigger.ICEApprovalProcess: line 9, column 1 

I added myself to the the "Assigned to" and "Available to Fix" drop-down - not sure if this is the reason? I do have Administrator access. Please if anyone can assist...
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
This means that the trigger is trying to submit the record for approval on create/edit, but no approval process could be found - either you don't have an approval process for the sobject, or the record doesn't match the filter criteria for entering the process.  I'd check the filter criteria - it may be that you need to populate one or more fields to enter the process, in which case you need matching validation rules to ensure that users can't save the record without populating those fields.