function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DaNae PetersonDaNae Peterson 

Email Quote Fields - API Names

I am trying to create a button to do some url hacking on the quote object (I want to set some default values when you click the standard "Email Quote" button but I am having trouble finding the API names for the fields on the following page, particularly the "To:" and "BCC:" fields.  Does anyone know what these are or where to find them?

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by DaNae Peterson
pconpcon
I misread your question originally and though you were trying to set fields on an object not hack the email quote button.  Unfortunately I don't think that it has a backing object the way you are hoping.  I'm fairly certian that it uses some internal magic and creates a Messaging.SingleEmailMessage on the back end.  I think the only way you'll be able to do what you want is to write the Apex to send the email yourself.  You can make it look similar by redirecting them to a VF page with an action on the page to send the email and then redirect back to the quote object.  It's not pretty but I think it's what you'll have to do.

All Answers

pconpcon
You can try using workbench [1] or this app [2] to describe all of your objects and get their API names

[1] http://workbench.developerforce.com
[2] https://developer.salesforce.com/blogs/developer-relations/2015/02/using-metadata-api-describe-objects.html
Thanks for this suggestion.  Do you by chance know what object this would be related under?  I have tried both task and quote and it's neither of those
pconpcon
I misread your question originally and though you were trying to set fields on an object not hack the email quote button.  Unfortunately I don't think that it has a backing object the way you are hoping.  I'm fairly certian that it uses some internal magic and creates a Messaging.SingleEmailMessage on the back end.  I think the only way you'll be able to do what you want is to write the Apex to send the email yourself.  You can make it look similar by redirecting them to a VF page with an action on the page to send the email and then redirect back to the quote object.  It's not pretty but I think it's what you'll have to do.
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks for the info!