function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stanley YeStanley Ye 

Visualforce inlineEditLock icon

Hi,

I'm now building a new opportunity view page to override the standard one, and the inline editing is working - we can edit on the output fields and also a pencil icon show up when mouse hover on the field is editable.

My question is If anyone knows how to display the lock icon for non-editable fields when mouse hover on ? 

Thanks
Best Answer chosen by Stanley Ye
SlashApex (Luis Luciani)SlashApex (Luis Luciani)
Hi Stanley,

This is an ugly way to accomplish this, but it will do.

<style>
        .dataCol:not(span) > span
        {
            background-color: black;
        }
    </style>

The above selector will select the read only fields, based on how they are rendered on the page. It relies on the fact that editable fields will have 2 levels of spans. Read only fields only have 1 level.

This is a very hacky approach, so be careful and test on different browsers to insure cross browser compatibility.

All Answers

Hi Stanley,

You can use CSS for this.

.detailList .inlineEditLock - This is class of a field the not editable
detailList .inlineEditLockOn - This is the class of a field that is not editable on hover over

Example code that sets the background of a read only field to gray:

.detailList .inlineEditLock, .detailList .inlineEditLockOn
        {
            background-color: #eee;
        }

Stanley YeStanley Ye
Hi Luis,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I've tried to override the class .inlineEditLock and .inlineEditLockOn, but seems not work. Also I checked the page element and found the belows:

/* Standard output field*/
<td class="dataCol inlineEditLock" id="00N90000008wHbB_ilecell" onblur="if (window.sfdcPage &amp;&amp; window.sfdcPage.hasRun) sfdcPage.mouseOutField(event, this);" onclick="if (window.sfdcPage &amp;&amp; window.sfdcPage.hasRun) sfdcPage.clickField(event, this);" ondblclick="if (window.sfdcPage &amp;&amp; window.sfdcPage.hasRun) sfdcPage.dblClickField(event, this);" onfocus="if (window.sfdcPage &amp;&amp; window.sfdcPage.hasRun) sfdcPage.mouseOverField(event, this);" onmouseout="if (window.sfdcPage &amp;&amp; window.sfdcPage.hasRun) sfdcPage.mouseOutField(event, this);" onmouseover="if (window.sfdcPage &amp;&amp; window.sfdcPage.hasRun) sfdcPage.mouseOverField(event, this);">

<div id="00N90000008wHbB_ileinner">No</div>

</td>

/* output field in vf */
<td class="dataCol  first "><span id="j_id0:form:page_block:registration:has_vr_status">No</span></td>
    <span id="j_id0:form:page_block:registration:has_vr_status">No</span>
<td class="dataCol  first "><span id="j_id0:form:page_block:registration:has_vr_status">No</span></td>

The html tag doesn't include inlineEditLock style class on customised VF page. Any advices on that?

Thanks
Hi Stanley,

This is an ugly way to accomplish this, but it will do.

<style>
        .dataCol:not(span) > span
        {
            background-color: black;
        }
    </style>

The above selector will select the read only fields, based on how they are rendered on the page. It relies on the fact that editable fields will have 2 levels of spans. Read only fields only have 1 level.

This is a very hacky approach, so be careful and test on different browsers to insure cross browser compatibility.
This was selected as the best answer
Stanley YeStanley Ye
Thank you, Luis

I think all good now.

Regards,