function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ed055Ed055 

Master-Detail field not visible in related list

I have a custom object A. One of the field on custom object is of type master-Detail(account). On the account page layout I added this related list but cannot see this field in related list properties. I'm able to include all other fields.
Thanks for help.

Best Answer chosen by Ed055
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Ed05,

As per my understanding, You will not be able to see MD field in related list, because there is no use..
you have MD with Account and on Account page itself you want to see same Account field ...
All will have same value so there is no use of having that field in related list..

In your screen shot you have lookup with Contact..

So in contact related list you will be able to see the account(MD) field but not same contact field..

So in short, if you have lookup or MD relationship with any object, then in that object related list you will not be ab;le toi see the same relationship 
field because that makes no sense(As all will be having saem values.. 

Thanks,
Sandeep

All Answers

Pankaj_GanwaniPankaj_Ganwani
Hi,

Can you please add the snapshot of related list here?
Ed055Ed055
I have attached the screenshot of my custom object. Issue is with the "Consultant" field. I have also attached the screenshot of the related list on Account page layout. I cannot find the "Consultant" field in the "Available fields" . Also I tried to run the report for this custom object and I Cannot find the cosnultant field in there as well. Not sure what is going on.

User-added image

Related list on Account page layout
User-added image

sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Ed05,

As per my understanding, You will not be able to see MD field in related list, because there is no use..
you have MD with Account and on Account page itself you want to see same Account field ...
All will have same value so there is no use of having that field in related list..

In your screen shot you have lookup with Contact..

So in contact related list you will be able to see the account(MD) field but not same contact field..

So in short, if you have lookup or MD relationship with any object, then in that object related list you will not be ab;le toi see the same relationship 
field because that makes no sense(As all will be having saem values.. 

Thanks,
Sandeep
This was selected as the best answer
Ed055Ed055
I agree with you. Not sure what I was thinking but your explainations helped me debug another issue. Thanks