function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pierre-AlainPierre-Alain 

Error message with Challenge "Routing Records with Approvals"

Hi - I get the error message : 

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, missing required field: [nextApproverIds]: [nextApproverIds]

When running through the challenge "Routing Records with Approvals".
I did a test on a couple of records and the approval process is working as per the requirements of the challenge.

Thank you
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Pierre,

Can you share your code, from error message it is very clear that you are doing DML and yiu missed the required field..

Thanks
Pierre-AlainPierre-Alain
Hi Sandeep,

There is no Apex code, I only built an approval process through declarative features.

Pierre-Alain
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
what is [nextApproverIds] ? can you share the screen shot of your declarative features, I think you are missing the required field there.
Pierre-AlainPierre-Alain
I am attaching a snapshot of the approval process

User-added image

Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot

One of the challenge requirements is : "Normally the approver would be someone else. In this instance, assign yourself to be the approver.".

If you assign yourself as the approver (vs 'Manager of Record Owner'), you should be able to pass the challenge. Hope this helps!

Sandeep Bhanot
Salesforce.com

Pierre-AlainPierre-Alain
Hi Sandeep,

I did the steps as you advised and the problem persisted. After doing further tests. I had to change the setting in the "Approval Steps" section - field "Assigned Approver" from "Manually Chosen" to "Related User: Created By" ( see snapshot below ) 

User-added image

Thank for your help on this.
Pierre-Alain
RajeshwarRajeshwar
Hi Sandeep,

I am facing same problem in Approval process, How Can I resolved these issue ?

Thank You
Rajeshwar
Tim Andrews 72Tim Andrews 72
@Pierre-Alain, how were you able to change the Assigned Approver? I'm hitting this same problem and can't figure out how to change it?
Pierre-AlainPierre-Alain
Hi Tim,

When you are on the detail page of the approval process - in the section "Approval Steps" - click on "Edit" in front of the step - Next -  Next - you will come up with the screen "Step 3. Select Assigned Approver" - select "Automatically assign to approver(s)." - and pick "related User - Created By".

Hope this helps.

Tim Andrews 72Tim Andrews 72
@Pierre-Alain, that did the trick - thank you very much for the help!
DineshReddy.KDineshReddy.K
please see the below screen...If you face same issue again please get back...i'll explain thh steps clearly

Approval process screen shot