function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David OvellaDavid Ovella 

​In my sandbox I can't send an email throught the email alert, why?

Hello, can anyone help me pls.
I created a workflow with the next criteria: send_email__c equals true
and
the action: I used the Email Alert and the template that send the email, but my sandbox doesn't send the email when the field send_email__c is true. Does anyone know why?
btw: in my production I created the same workflow with the same criteria, email alert and template and it works.
Best Answer chosen by David Ovella
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
+1 (check if email ids are correct)
Hi David,

Please check the email deliverability.

Setup->Email Administration->Deliverability,
Access Level : set to All Email and then check.

Thanks,
Pratik

All Answers

VinojVinoj

Hey David,

Not sure if you're already aware of this, but in Sandboxes every user's email address is updated to include the Sandbox name.  If my email address in the production org is vinoj@acme.com then my email in Sandbox would be vinoj@acme.com.mySandbox

Is it possible that the users specified in the workflow alert have the updated email addresses?
+1 (check if email ids are correct)
Hi David,

Please check the email deliverability.

Setup->Email Administration->Deliverability,
Access Level : set to All Email and then check.

Thanks,
Pratik

This was selected as the best answer
VinojVinoj
Correction, if my email address in the production org is vinoj@acme.com then my email in Sandbox would be vinoj=acme.com@example.com.

This is the article that mentions it: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=data_sandbox_implementation_tips.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=data_sandbox_implementation_tips.htm&language=en_US)
Glad it helped!

Thanks,
Pratik
Tim Kelley 9Tim Kelley 9
Updated path now in Lightning  Setup > Home >  Email >  Deliverabilty   Then "Access level" = All email.  
Make sure to change email addresses for Users in Sandbox from name@company.com.invalid  also.