function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian Marks 2Brian Marks 2 

List View Custom Button - Edit Selected records before processing

I have added a Custom Button to a list view for a Custom Object. I would like to be able to edit the selected records before processing them. So for example, the function under the Custom Button is only valid for records of a certain status. So if the user selected records that are not in the correct status, I would like to display a message on the list view screen indicating this. And also retain the user selection. Another edit may be that the function can only be completed on X number of records at a time. So if the user selected more than X, display the message on the list screen while retaining what was selected and allow the user to "update" their selection.

If the users selected records are "valid" they would get passed on to be processed.
Is something like this possible? I have tried a few things but had no luck getting a message on the list view or retaining the selected records.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
AmulAmul
Hi Brian,

This requirement can easily be full fill using developing visualforce Page.

please mail me @ amulhai@gmail.com if you needed help on this.

Brian Marks 2Brian Marks 2
Amulhai, 
When you say developing a visual force page, are you saying to write a custom page that allows the users to select the records. And the controller for this page would perform the edits and reply with whatever message is needed. And not use the "standard" list view for this custom object at all?

I realize this could be done, I was just hoping to make use of the "standard" list view for filtering/selecting records.
AmulAmul
in standard list. we need to write a Custom List Button..that will open a visualforce page. and that visualforce page will manage and validate.