function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steven Chang 7Steven Chang 7 

Dependent Fields

Hi,
When adding a campaign I'm trying to link a new object to the campaign type.

So if they click tradeshow, I want another page to display to which will ask for more fields.

What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks

Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani
Dear Steven,

Please add more description.
Your requirement is not clear.

1. For point one do you have a lookup ?
2. What is tradeshow is it a custom button ?
3. Another page will ask for more fields of which Object ?

Thanks
Ashish_Sharma_DEVSFDCAshish_Sharma_DEVSFDC
Hi Steven Chang 7,

It looks like you want different fields on page based upon type value,

Please go ahead with record types, create different record types for each different 'Type' value and assign page layouts to each of them.
In each page layout select fields which you would like to display for that 'Type' value.

Please go through below link.
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_profiles_record_types.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_profiles_record_types.htm&language=en_US)
Steven Chang 7Steven Chang 7
Thanks for the replies!

Ashish, I'm looking to breakdown the expense types so there may be 100 fields.  Do all these fields go into the campaign as custom fields before I setup the page layout or is there another way?

Mudasir, I want to get details of a tradeshow expense.  So if a person selects tradeshow I want to know details regarding where the costs come from.  Eg) cost of booth, etc.   If a person selects direct mail, a page of direct mail expenses should be displayed.

1) have tried it but not sure how to connect the two.
2) tradeshow is one of the types of the campaigns
3) Another page will display the breakdown of the expenses of the type.  Eg) if tradeshow is selected, i want to display a page of possible expenses that could occur from a tradeshow, booth, electrical etc