function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jess ZieglarJess Zieglar 

Visual Workflow Cross Object Field Update

I have been trying to build a Flow that would update a Lookup Field on a Lead record if the criteria on the Lead and the criteria on another Object match. However, everytime I run the test against different Lead records, the flow returns the same results as the 1st initial test I ran from day 1.

Example:

If Lead email domain = Account Domain, Update X field on the Lead record

How it Should work:

Lead 1
Account Domain 1
Update Field is Account 1

Lead 2
Account Domain 2
Update Field is Account 2

How it is currently working:

Lead 1
Account Domain 1

Lead 2
Account Domain 1

(Flow Screen Shot below)

For some reason, the flow does not want to understand anything outside of the 1st initial Account Domain. Any thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong?

User-added image

Ross Gilbert 18Ross Gilbert 18
Hi,

So, are you just trying to update the lead to map it to an account, if the lead's email domain and the account's website domain match?  In other words, do you have a lookup field on the lead called "Account" that is a lookup to the account object, and, when a lead is created or updated, you want that field to be populated with the account that has a website domain that matches the lead's email domain?
Jess ZieglarJess Zieglar
Yes exactly!! And yes, I have all those things. However, we understand that an Account can have multiple Domians. So rather than just map a single field on an Account, we have a custom Object that has captured all the possible domains an Account may have. So the Flow design is meant to look through the "Account Domain" Object and if there is a domain match between Lead and "Account Domain", the Account Name associated with the "Account Domain" would be updated in the "Account" field on the Lead record.
King NgoKing Ngo
Jess, 
Were you able to come up with a solution? I'm working on something that is 90% similar to what you are asking about.  I can not get my flow to work.  Any updates?