function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
UshankUshank 

Mobile app for online and offline mode

My customer would like to design an application to allow sales team to locate customer and access data both in online and offline mobe.application may be accessed from multiple channel.
How should we design this system. Should be use salesforce 1 or native device SDK for andriod, Ios and BB? Also suggest if we can use sites and normal VF page which may not support offline mode though.
Best Answer chosen by Ushank
UshankUshank
As per the documentation I believe we should create the Native app using Mobile SDK. It gives better  performance and also support offline/online capabilities. Data is stored on the mobile in encrypted format.

All Answers

NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi SFDC,

I would suggest you to use Salesforce1 offline
The Salesforce1 downloadable apps cache users' most recently used records for access offline. Offline access is currently read-only, and is available in the Salesforce1 downloadable apps, versions 6.0 and later.

Offline access is enabled by default when you install one of the Salesforce1 downloadable apps. You can manage this setting in Setup from Salesforce1 Setup | Offline Sync.

When offline access is enabled, data is downloaded to each user’s mobile device based on the objects in the Recent section of the Salesforce1 navigation menu, and on the user’s most recently viewed records. Data is encrypted and stored in a secure, persistent cache. This table lists the elements that are available offline.

Please follow the below link for more info

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customize_sf1_offline.htm&language=en_US

Please let me know if this helps

Best Regards
Naga kiran
UshankUshank

User may also need to process these records? as per documentation its only read-only permission which mean we can make changes in offline mode?
Does salesforce 1 provide this feature?

Regards

UshankUshank
As per the documentation I believe we should create the Native app using Mobile SDK. It gives better  performance and also support offline/online capabilities. Data is stored on the mobile in encrypted format.
This was selected as the best answer