function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
UshankUshank 

Chatter API

My users are using custom mobile chatter app. Users are located across the globe. I want to make sure that use see feeds and comments as per their time zone.
I believe by default user see the feed and comments in their time zone. Do i need to make sure and do some other settings or acheive this functionality?
Best Answer chosen by Ushank
UshankUshank
Thanks for the information. Yes, it's true unlike other API which provide info in GMT format, chatter automatically user locale and time zone setting defined in user setting. In case, no timezone is providing it will use the default org timezone. We can override the local by passing extra attribute in the header.

All Answers

Rajiv Bhatt 16Rajiv Bhatt 16
The API is from the user context i.e. "Get My News Feeds" and hence you wont have to worry about the timezone. 
/services/data/v33.0/chatter/feeds/news/me/feed-elements
UshankUshank
Thanks for the information. Yes, it's true unlike other API which provide info in GMT format, chatter automatically user locale and time zone setting defined in user setting. In case, no timezone is providing it will use the default org timezone. We can override the local by passing extra attribute in the header.

This was selected as the best answer