function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Admin SFDC 24Admin SFDC 24 

How can I see API calls on a per user basis - we are seeing spikes in the 10,000-15,000 range for one specific user that causes us to exceed our 24 hour API limit

My question seems to be similar to this request - https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000AUhTIAW - however I have not been able to find a solution - and when I opened a support ticket - it seems the only way to get per user API usage is through the Developer support forum?? I have used the report from Admin Reports "API usage last 7 Days" however I can't see what the specific API calls are - client ID is blank - I can only tell which user the spikes are coming from. 

"With regards to your request, our Developer support can help you further with regards to API usage per user. However, they are only available through discussion boards and you can access it by going to the link indicated below:"

Anyone know how to get more API call info?
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

That's the answer you get from support when you're on standard support and call with a question they deem as "developer support".  =(  Their team does monitor these boards and will reply if they see it.

There isn't any tool I know of that gets you that information through the boards here, but instead I'd focus on the other side of the equation - you know the user that is causing the spikes.  What service/process uses that user account?  If it's a package that is pulling/pushing data perhaps you can go that route as well?