function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepu BDeepu B 

account Lookup view list

Hi i am trying to lookup an account for a contact from contact Object, when i am lookingup for an account, the lookup pop up window showin only recent viewed accounts, how can i get all the accounts.?

User-added image
KaranrajKaranraj
Deepu - By default lookup window will display the 'Recently viewed Accounts'. You can able search the record in 'Search' box which will perform search in all records and display the search result record in that list. 
Deepu BDeepu B
so there is no alternate to display all Account records..?
Deepu BDeepu B
Karanraj, Tell me this, i am trying to inserting approx 500 records in to contact with dataloader, while doing map the fields in contact i want to  map a Lookup field (which is Account Name) it is not available for map. 

what is about this situation.?
KaranrajKaranraj
For lookup window – There is no use of displaying all records in a lookup search window. Take an example like, if you have 10K account records and if you like to bring all the 10K records and show in the lookup search window then Surely it will affect the page load time, any way if you are display 10K records, it will be difficult for user to search Instead user can search the record in the search window which going to perform search operation in the object records and bring the record based on search query. Mapping Account record in Contact – All the related records in the the salesforce object are mapped based on the Id of the record. In your scenario the Field name in Dataloader is ‘AccountId’. Though in Salesforce UI it displays Account Name, you have map in data loader using the Id field. Check this trailhead module it will be helpful for you - https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/data_management/data_import Thanks, Karanraj