function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nancy Engel 2Nancy Engel 2 

Changing companies but don't want to lose my Trailhead badges-How do I update my Profile to a developer account?

I am changing companies and the login information that I use to access my Trailhead modules will no longer be available to me.  Is there a way to change this to one of my developer logins so I don't lose my trailhead progress?
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Hi Nancy,
It is unfortunately not possible to trasfer Trailhead badge and points between user accounts. Even though you're loosing access to your old Production account, you should still have a login to the Developer Edition where you completed the challenges. Since all your work should still be in that DE, would it be possible for you to login to Trailhead with that DE login and verify all the challenges again? That should give you the same points and badges under the DE account.
Its a manually process of verifying all the challenges again and therefore not ideal, but atleast you don't have to redo any of the challenge work. Let me know if that would work and hope you continue to use Trailhead!
Sandeep Bhanot
Salesforce.com
Nancy Engel 2Nancy Engel 2
Hi Sandeep I created the new Dev account half way through the process, so I would have to take at least some of the challenges again, plus some are multiple choice answers, so wouldnt I have to take those again? I might get to that some day. Too bad that wasn't clear from the beginning so I could have set up my Trailhead using a more permanent login. Is there no way to change my email address or merge two developer logins or anything? Thank you for your help Nancy
Sandeep BhanotSandeep Bhanot
Nancy - are your current badges and points associated with a Production (i.e employer) account or a DE account? If latter, then you can simply change the email associated with your DE login and continue to use/access it after your employment change. 
Basetti ForceBasetti Force
Hi Sandeep, Does it take some time to reflect the new DE email id on the TrailHead account?
Fuzail ahmadFuzail ahmad
Hi , 

I need to transfer all my trailhead badges and points to my personal DE from employer can you help me out step wise process.
Michael AngusMichael Angus
I have just fallen victim to the same issue. Badges are under current employers email / user account. While the above may get me half way there there is a lot of rework. Is a possible solution to create a duplicate facebook account under the current emplyers email address then use the new facebook account to log in, thereby bypassing the deactivation of your current employer email account if you leave. Not sure if this will work or what the gotchas are???