function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steven Chang 7Steven Chang 7 

Joined Report Grouping

Hi,

I'm trying to group the date fields of two joined reports.  I have a campaign object and a sales object.  Both of these objects have a start date field.

When I group them across a joined report on the start date field, the date fields on the sales objects do not group correctly.

I'm trying to group them by "Month Year".

Has anybody had any luck grouping similar fields across different objects?
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Steven,

I dont think there is an option to group date fields of joined reports.

Please see the below two links

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=reports_builder_fields_groupings.htm&language=en_US

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=NQkRAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA2427&lpg=PA2427&dq=group+the+date+fields+of+two+joined+reports+salesforce+apex&source=bl&ots=RO8VlqpDSW&sig=Z1b19vaRrUDPQYdZsms4Y3nen8g&hl=en&sa=X&ei=SDM_Vb3AOJWouwSYsYGoBA&ved=0CE0Q6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=group%20the%20date%20fields%20of%20two%20joined%20reports%20salesforce%20apex&f=false

Best Regards
Naga Kiran
Steven Chang 7Steven Chang 7
This is killing me.

I've changed the fields on both objects to be a text field now.

When I try to group across it doesn't group properly.  When I do it by campaign name it is fine.  I'm so confused.

I've attached an image to show you my problem.  The monthyear seems to just go wherever.

User-added image

Anybody know my problem?  Thanks everybody!
Ezra Kenigsberg @ BCEzra Kenigsberg @ BC

> The monthyear seems to just go wherever.

It's showing MonthYear in alphabetical order. Because MonthYear is a text field--not a date--Salesforce alphabetically orders "November 2014" after "March 2015".

If you make the text field show its dates like

--"2014-11" and "2015-03", or

--"2014-11 (Nov)" and "2015-03 (Mar)",

or some variant on that, it should order correctly.

Hope this helps (five years later!)