function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RadmhyaRadmhya 

Custom URL button not working in Communities

Hello, 

I have a URL button on a custom object. This button works fine for all Users when they are logged in to Salesforce.com. For some reason, when a User from a Community clicks this button, it's not working. 

Here is the button code -
/a0A/e?retURL=%2Fa0A%2Fo
&RecordType=012r00000004IHd
&CF00Nr0000000O6SV={!NFA__c.Name}

When the community user clicks this button, the page is being redirected to this URL"https://devsb12-xxxx.cs32.force.com/CommunityName/servlet/servlet.Integration?scontrolCaching=1&lid=00br0000000HoRf&eid=a0Ar00000002Q7g&ic=1"

I added the community name to the URL as well: 
/CommunityName/a0A/e?retURL=%2Fa0A%2Fo
&RecordType=012r00000004IHd
&CF00Nr0000000O6SV={!NFA__c.Name}

This doesn't work either. 

Please help me on this. 

Thanks!!
JayantJayant
Seems you are trying to pre-populate a field while creating a record.

To troubleshoot this, a good place to start would be - 

Log in to Community and click the standard New button, select record type and note down the URL that you have now (on edit page).
Compare it to the one you have set up in your custom button. URL may be different for Community and standard Salesforce or you may also want to verify that the tab a0A is included in the Community and is not hidden for the user (should be default On or Off).
JayantJayant
If this is resolved, please do mark the question as Resolved and the most appropriate/helpful answer as the best answer :).
If none of the answers helped you significantly, please post the solution. You may also mark your solution as the best answer.