function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
matt.ian.thomasmatt.ian.thomas 

Embedded Visualforce Not Rendering In <apex:detail>

I have a visualforce page called CaseDetails which overrides the standard View action for Case. Boiled down, the markup is the following:

<apex:tabPanel switchType="client">
	<apex:tab label="Details" name="caseDetails">
		<apex:detail inlineEdit="true"/>
	</apex:tab>

On the page layout, there are two sections which have a visualforce page on them. When the page loads, they do not render. Has anyone else had this happen before and understand what the cause is?
Best Answer chosen by matt.ian.thomas
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Are they inside <apex:form /> tags - I've seen that cause problems in the past. If they are, try moving them outside the form and see if they render.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Are they inside <apex:form /> tags - I've seen that cause problems in the past. If they are, try moving them outside the form and see if they render.
This was selected as the best answer
matt.ian.thomasmatt.ian.thomas
Thanks, Bob! I actually had seen a post you made about this very thing, but I misinterpreted it. So what I had was the visualforce page inside the page layout was wrapped in <apex:form>. When I read your post, I removed <apex:form> from that inner visualforce page to no avail. I just moved my <apex:detail> outside of <apex:form> on my outer page and that did the trick. They render now. Thanks!!