function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris ConfortiChris Conforti 

VF Email Template - Input check box availability

Hi All; 
I am building a VF email template that is going to be used to communicate that a form of action needs to be taken.  It will be sent to users who are not licensed users.
Ideally I would like the VF page to include check box's that can be selected within the email.  With this, once the email is replied to (reply all) it will append to the case file from which it was sent and the licensed user is able to view specifically what 'action' was taken.  Below is the code I am using and have been scratching my head trying to see if I can add an input option to this.

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Store Check Collection: Action Needed {!RelatedTo.Name}" 
    recipientType="User" relatedToType="Returned_Checks__c">

<messaging:htmlEmailBody >
<html>
    <body>
    <STYLE type="text/css">
        TH {font-size: 12px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center }
        TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana }
        TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
        TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}
        caption {margin-bottom: 5px; font-size: 120%;  padding: 5px;  font-weight: bold;}
     </STYLE>
<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">
        <table width="25%" align="center" border="1" style="padding:2" border-spacing="1">     
               <caption align="center" style="color:red;font-size:18px"><b> Check Action Needed: </b></caption>       
              <tr>
                <td width="25%" ><font color="blue"> Reference #: </font>
                       <li style="list-style-type: none;">{!RelatedTo.Name}</li> </td> 
              </tr>
      </table>
    <br/>    
    <table border="1">
        <tr>
        <tr><th>Store:</th> <th>Check Date:</th> <th>Returned Reason</th> </tr>                
                <td align="center">{!RelatedTo.Location__c}<br/> </td>
                <td align="center">{!RelatedTo.Date_of_Check__c} </td>
                <td align="center">{!RelatedTo.Reason_Returned__c} </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
            <br/>
            <table border="1">
        <tr>
        <tr><th>Check Writer:</th> <th>Address:</th> <th>License #:</th> </tr>                
                <td align="center">{!RelatedTo.Writers_Name__c}<br/> </td>
                <td align="center">{!RelatedTo.Address__c}, {!RelatedTo.City__c}, {!RelatedTo.State__c} </td>
                <td align="center">{!RelatedTo.License__c} </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
         <br/>
     <table border="1">
        <tr>
            <tr><th>Check Value</th> <th>Check Fee</th> </tr>  
                <td>{!RelatedTo.Check_Value__c}</td>
                <td>{!RelatedTo.Check_Fee__c}</td>
        </tr>
     </table>
     </font>
    </body>
</html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody >
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:emailTemplate>
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
The short answer is that you can't - the Visualforce email template is turned into HTML that is sent to the user, who then views it inside an email client.  At the point that the email is sent, it is disconnected from Salesforce servers and there is no concept of being able to submit a form back to Salesforce.  The way to handle this I would say is to incluide a link in the email to an unauthenticated Force.com site page that allows the user to fill in whatever information you require.  The link can include URL parameters to identify users/records etc.