function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adu86Adu86 

Custom Hyperlink Formulae URL value

Hi,

I have a requirement to create a custom Formulae(Text) field on Opportunity object with a Hyperlink value in it.

I have to append another custom field value of the opportunity object to that hyperlink for each record ,so that whenever user clicks on it,it is redirected to other website with the value passed on from the custom field.

Example : I have been given below URL as an example

http://GeneralDocumentation.aspx?m=y&SubmissionNumber=0000408494.

In the above URL I have to pass the last number (0000408494) dynamically from the custom field.So I have modified it as

http://GeneralDocumentation.aspx?m=y&SubmissionNumber={!Opportunity.Submission_Number__c}

but this formuale is not working as expected. Can anyone please help me on this?. (Here Submission_Number__c is custom field from which I have to pass the value dynamically for each record).

Thanks

Mohit Bansal6Mohit Bansal6
Hi 

Two Questions, before i you see my solution for it:
1. Is it necesary to use Custom Field for it?
2. Do you want to show it on Salesforce Standard Opportunity Pagelayout or Custom visualforce page?

Incase if you using Salesforce Standard Opportunity PageLayout, then you follow below steps:

1. Goto Setup & Customize
2. Goto Button and Links under Opportunity Section
3. Create a new Button or Link.
4. Give a label and name for Link.
5. Select option "Detail page Link"
6. Open in new window and type as URL.
7. Now you can set your URL along with merge field
8. Goto Pagelayout of Opportunity, edit it and add Custom link where ever you want on layout.

I hope this solutions will definately work for you.

Regards
Mohit Bansal

Mohit Bansal6Mohit Bansal6

Hi

Are you able to resolve your issue, which my briefing. Please share.

Please mark this as solution by selecting it as best answer if this solves your problem, So that if anyone has this issue this post can help

Regards
Mohit Bansal