function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anuja IngoleAnuja Ingole 

Unable to complete the creation of the query cursor at this time, please retry your query later.

Hi,
Could anybody please help me with the below error:
"Exception:Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, Unable to complete the creation of the query cursor at this time, please retry your query later.: []".
This error occured to one or our Portal Users, who was trying to insert a custom object record.
When searched for this a bit, came to know that such type of error occurs, if the logged in user has reached the limit of 10 open Query Cursers, and thus trying the access the query curser which has been closed. Being a portal user, the logged in user did not even have any batches/ jobs running in the background.
It would be great if anyone could explain, when and why do we get such error and what is the work around for this. Also, what exactly do we refer to when we sat query curser.

Thank You.... 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
I've seen this happen before when there have been problems on the Salesforce instance, which have disappeared after an hour or two.  If keeps happening I'd raise a case with Salesforce.
Anuja IngoleAnuja Ingole
Thank you for the response Bob.
As you have mentioned, we did face the issue in the same time frame, after which no such case was observed.
Can you help me with one more point, what exactly is meant by Query curser?

Thank You once again!!!

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
There's a great answer to this on the following thread:

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008zB3IAI
Anuja IngoleAnuja Ingole
Thanks again, Bob !!!