function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bob DeRosierBob DeRosier 

How to report a bug for Apex/Visual Forc

I have a VisualForce page with maddening behaviour. When I save data from the page the first time, all is well. When I save the same data, the second time, SalesForce switches the data in some pairs of records.  Saving the data beyond the second time does not seem to change any data. I can verify the data in ViewState and by looking at records.

I finally figured out a way to reproduce an example the problem in a sandbox, but because it looks like a developer type problem and I don't have developer support.   I don't have a way to report it. I am as certain as I can be that the problem is not with the code, so I would like to kick it up to SalesForce.     Any idea how begin that conversation ?
Hargobind_SinghHargobind_Singh
Hi, 

The best way would be to create a support case, give all steps to reproduce, with screenshots etc and when contacted, ask them to escalate the case to Tier 3, as this is  a potential bug.

Bob DeRosierBob DeRosier
I opened the case, but, after a lot of interactions, got referred back here because I only have basic support.   If you know of some other or more effective way to report a bug, it would help.

Along the way, I also found that the information displayed on my VF page did not agree with the information in the View State tab at the bottom of my screen.  That may is part of the same behavior  and may or may not be a separate bug.