function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kris Hollen 14Kris Hollen 14 

VisualForce Charts

I need to create some custom charts in Salesforce that are directly embedded on the Account record. I am very new to developing in apex and am not sure where to start or how to get this to work. Can anyone supply examples of Visualforce pages with charts and the associated controller classes? 

Thakns in advance,

Kris Hollen
prxntprxnt
Hi Kris,

Just follow the link here:
https://www.salesforce.com/docs/developer/pages/Content/pages_charting_example.htm this is the nice explanation of how ot use the visualforce charting. We can dynamically make the wrapper objects and then either using RemoteAction or diectly the Class Level collections we can simply incorporate the Visualforce charting using multiple axis and respresentations.

Do let m know if you need any other information or pls mark this as an Answer :)

Kris Hollen 14Kris Hollen 14
Ok so some additional information on this- I have extremely limited experience with Visualforce and Apex and am still trying to learn it- so if there is anything I can even open source copy into my org that would be great! Anyway- I need a VisualForce chart that I need to embed onto the account record. It needs to pull information ONLY on the active record displayed. I.E. I have a few aggregate roll up summary fields that are being tracked right now on the account page and from that I need to create a gauge chart to represent the health of that account record. Additionally I need to use similar fields in a stacked bar chart to display the financial impact of those using specific color assignments. I also need this chart data to be capable of updating when the record is accessed based on the summary and formula fields. Is there a way to do that?