function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NinetaMNinetaM 

Apex Flex Queue causes batch job to stay in Holding status for over 12 hours

I am working in a sandbox where the Apex Flex Queue critical update has been recently activated. I have a very simple batch job that gets invoked. There are no other batch jobs running at the time and for testing purposes this batch job only processes a few records. The batch job gets put in the Flex Queue with a Holding status and stays there indefinitely. It's the only batch job in the Flex Queue and yet it never gets queued for execution. It stayed in Holding status for over 12 hours when I finally went and de-activated the Flex Queue feature at which point the job was queued immediately, ran and completed. Has anyone experienced a similar issue? Can one opt out of this Flex Queue and somehow force the queueing of the batch job to be run?
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
Please note that this has been identified as a known issue and the fix can be tracked here: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008YgIAAU

Since it is a critical update, it cannot be disabled once it gets enabled after the critical update final date.