function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Muralidhar S (Salesforce)Muralidhar S (Salesforce) 

Basic Authorization not working for HttpRequest to JIRA

Hi,
I have so far integrated JIRA to Salesforce where I am able to pull issues from Jira. Currently I am passing the raw credentials in the REST url and looking for passing the credentials in the Authorization Header. For some reason it is not working with the below code.

User-added image

I have tried the same credentials and in the Postmane extension of Chrome and was able to receive the response. I have cross verified the Base64 encoded username:password token in Postman and the one generated in Salesforce and could confirm they were same. Sounds silly but I also decoded the encoded token to cross verify the credentials.

User-added image

Any advise as to what could be the possible reasons. Since it is working fine with Postman client it doesn't seems to be an issue with Jira.

Thanks
DeeptiCSDeeptiCS
Hi Muralidhar,

Were you able to connect to Jira using Basic auth. I get 401 error when trying to do so. Can you pls let us knw how you overcame this.

Thanks!
Muralidhar S (Salesforce)Muralidhar S (Salesforce)
Hi 
I have written a series of blog posts for Salesforce-Jira integration. Sharing the same here so that if someone lands up here then he/she might find some help. Do let me know if you have any suggestions/feedback. Thanks

https://inteygrate.com/salesforce-jira-integration/