function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
karthik Jonnalagaddakarthik Jonnalagadda 

Custom button is not showing in Related list

Hi all,

I have created a custom button Display Type Detail Page Button to execute Visualforce page.I Need add that button to Related list in custom layout but button is not showing up, What was the reason?
User-added image
User-added image

Thanks in Advance
Nitin PaliwalNitin Paliwal
HI Kartik,
You would have to create a "list Button" instead of "Detail Page Button", if you need on the Related list.
I hope it solves your problem.

Thanks
Nitin
Hi Nitin,

In List button Content dropdown not showing my Visualforce page.
HI,
Instead of Content Source as "Visual force page", Onclick Javascript and write this :

window.location = 'apex/Your Vf Page'

Create a list view button only , otherwise buttons wont come in the related list.

Thanks
Nitin
Hi Nitin,

I need a button beside "New project target details". In edit layout this button is not showing if Display Type is listbutton, Showing only when
Display Type  is Detail page button 
User-added image
Edit Layout

User-added image

Hi ,
List buttons are shown default added on the "List view" of the objects, these buttons are not available to be added on the Detail page and thus are not coming in the Layout?

What is your requirement, and then may be i will be able to give you a solution.

Thanks
Nitin
Hi Nitin,

My Requirement is,

1. I need to place button in Beside the "New Project Target Details" On Button click need to open a popup window In that window need to show list of contacts(like custom view) in first column( which will come from contacts object) and second column is a static drop downlist with 5 static values.
2. I need to select multiple contacts from popup window using check box  and then save click those records are need to show in under Targeted Prospects section.

this is my complete requirement. Hope you understood.

Is this the currect way or suggest me any alternate.
User-added image

Thanks 
Hi,
In order to add the "List view" button to the layout , goto the Contact layout. In that look for the Targeted Prospects related list , there your button will be available.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Nitin