function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jose luis benito ruizjose luis benito ruiz 

Trailhead: Using the Report Builder (Amounts greater than 25,000)

Hi all,

User-added image

There is some kind of problem with this... Seems the filter is on:

User-added image

Thanks in advance

joseluis
Best Answer chosen by jose luis benito ruiz
tom botom bo
I think the problem is the language setting. When I change to US Numeber style "." as decimal and not "," as in europa it work.

All Answers

Pavel ŽifčákPavel Žifčák
the same by me: 
User-added image
Pablo FischerPablo Fischer
The same it's happening for me
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi jose luis benito ruiz,
Today only i completed "Using the Report Builder" round and got all 500 point for my below report.

User-added image
User-added image

Please check 'Unfiled Public Reports' folder path.
Please let us know if this will help you.

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
tom botom bo
I think the problem is the language setting. When I change to US Numeber style "." as decimal and not "," as in europa it work.
This was selected as the best answer
vj rajvj raj
Hi All,
The report should have filters for opportunities of an Amount greater than 25,000 and opportunities where the Stage is not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost.

To my understanding, based on the requirment filter shold be like this:
1. Amount greater than 25,000
      AND
2. Stage is not equal to Closed Won
     OR
3. Stage is not equal to Closed Lost

so we should use Filter Logic (as per the requirment)

Filter By 1 AND (2 OR 3)

User-added image

But the Trailhead result says:
User-added image

User-added image

After lot of trails and finally tried Amit step, Trailhead gave 500 points.
User-added image

User-added image

Trailhead admin please help us, it's not mearly getting points where as its to understad the subject correctly.

jose luis benito ruizjose luis benito ruiz
Hi all...

Tom was right:

User-added image

User-added image

Thanks to everybody!

joseluis
Pablo FischerPablo Fischer
It worked, but I really had to try a lot.
I've changed some settings following Tom's recommendation and also I had to double check the amount value.
For some reason the value was being updated to 25,0 after closing/reopening the report.
So if you insert the value as a string "25,000" I guess it will work porperly. At least it worked for me!

Thanks to everybody! 

Pablo
Rakesh Kumar 74Rakesh Kumar 74
VJ Raj  1 and ( 2 OR 3) is not a right option . For the reason : 
with (2 OR 3) - If either of the statement is correct, the logic will return TRUE . Say, If statement 2 is correct and statement 3 is not , you will get the ( Closed Won and Closed Lost) result as the logic (2 OR3) reurned True . Wheraes , we need the anwer as if either of the statement is correct, do not return on the result set . 

Ther exact answer should be thought as (1 And 2 )OR (1 and 3) . 

vj rajvj raj
Hi Rakesh....
Thanks to correct me.  I got the logic now.
I checked the report with all the options, You are right.

Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Thank you, Tom.

Everyone - I apologize for the confusing instructions on the currency. We'll get this updated in our next release.
Richard_ChanRichard_Chan
Hi All,

I'm still having the currency (Amount greater than $25,000) issue even I have tried updating the language and locale. Any ideas? Help please.

Thanks!

Rich
Richard_ChanRichard_Chan
Solved this. Instead of running the report with the right criteria, we have to save in dev and "Check the Challenge" in the Trailhead Challenge.

Rich
gr33nj3110gr33nj3110
@Rakesh Kumar 74: "Ther exact answer should be thought as (1 And 2 )OR (1 and 3) . "

That logic doesn't work either. It brings up 29 records including "Closed Won" records.

The weird thing is... I'm using:

Filtered By:1 AND (2 AND 3)
    1. Amount greater than "25,000" 
    2. Stage not equal to Closed Won 
    3. Stage not equal to Closed Lost 

... which brings up only 11 records... all with correct data. YET, I am still getting the "Please check that you have a filter for Stages that are not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost." error.
gr33nj3110gr33nj3110
I got my 500 points by using what Amit Chaudhary 8 had:

Filtered By:1 AND 2
    2. Stage not equal to Closed Won,Closed Lost

I saw and noted that but thought my logic should have worked too. I guess not.

Joaquín MartínJoaquín Martín
It works finally.

Be sure to check (as Jose Luis and Tom says)  your  locale and language settings in your personal settings, not in the company profile.
Luis Melero CamareroLuis Melero Camarero
I faced the same issue due to locale and language settings. Changing that to English (United States) it works now.
Rayad KhanRayad Khan

I was getting the error about Stage values not being there even though I had created the filters for them: "Please check that you have a filter for Stages that are not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost."

I interpreted the instructions to mean I needed three filters - one for the Account value and two separate ones for the Stage values - plus filter logic to bring it altogether. The wording of the error message though gives a clue about the solution: it's saying that you need one filter for Stage, not two. So, instead of using two separate Stage filters, I used one but selected two values for it

Make one filter for Stage and pick two values for it. Do this instead of making two Stage filters with one value each.

Setting it up this way allowed me to complete the challenge. It also avoided having to add any filter logic.

Chris DuarteChris Duarte
You've got it right, Rayad. You don't have to do filter logic on Opportunity Stage if you do it the way you outlined.

I'll add this also. We don't currently have the challenge set up this way, but there's also a "Closed" boolean for Opportunities which includes all the Closed stages, including Closed Won and Closed Lost (thanks to MVP Bill Greenhaw for reminding me about this Closed boolean field). Again, the challenge won't pass if you used the Closed boolean field, but I just wanted to include it for when you're actually creating reports in your production environment.

Sorry everyone for the confusion with the currency issue. We're working on getting this updated.
Rayad KhanRayad Khan
Thanks Chris! This is good general knowledge to be aware of.
Michaela PrambsMichaela Prambs
Hey everybody,

I still have problems to do this challenge.
I have the right language etc. settings in "My settings" and I have tried everything you suggested but still doesn't work.
Error
Please help me :(
KbhaskarKbhaskar
well both options are to be selected Closed won & closed lost !

User-added image

Challenge Complete!You have earned:
              +500
You can retake the challenge for fun, but you will not earn points.

Valdas StaseviciusValdas Stasevicius
I must admit this took me some nerves and time to solve it, as the error message kept reapearing. 

I kept changing the settings, playing around with filters but none of that worked, as I kept getting the same error message again and again.

Here's what has worked for me:

I deleted  the report. Created a new one with exactly the same filters and all the settings. When I tried to save my new report, I couldn't do that under the name suggested in trailhead, even though the initial report with the same name was deleted. I used the same name and added '1' at the end of it and saved. Clicked to check the challenge and it worked!

Just to summarize:

Locale: US

Filters:

1 AND 2

Mark Bailey 1Mark Bailey 1
@Rayad has it correct.  It must be 1 filter for the Closed Won, Closed Lost.  You MUST select the Closed Won, Closed Lost at the SAME TIME.  If you select one of them and Edit the filter to select the second option, it will not pass the Challenge check.
Bruce Palmer 1Bruce Palmer 1
I followed Valdas Stasevicius's method and finally got it to work. Prior to that, however, I followed several methods that other posters got to work, but that didn't work for me. Very frustrating.
sales force 27sales force 27
Thanks guys for your valuable information, 

sales force 27sales force 27

for information, I changed personal settings

Locale: US

Filters:

1 AND 2
Ryan SkidmoreRyan Skidmore
I had this problem. Valdas Stasevicius solution solved it.
snchandusnchandu
Hi everyone, Who got the error amount should be greater than 25,000

For currency if you save by typing 25,000 and check at Dashboards you'll see as 25,0.

Here is my solution. Type 25000.00 as in length and decimal format. You'll get no error
Russ SU GarwoodRuss SU Garwood
Thanks Valdas. I spent about an hour on this before I realize that it absolutely must be two filters, not three. Very confusing challenge!
Frederick H LaneFrederick H Lane
That worked for me too without having to enter 25000.00 because the problem is, making sure you select currency English(US) and that you select both check boxes at once in the pick list.
michelle emanuel 59michelle emanuel 59
No matter what I try I still get
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Please check that you have a filter for Amounts greater than 25,000.
I tried $25,000.00, 25,000.00, 25000.00, 25000 and $25000 I get the same error message. I have the second logic tried both ways.

Joseph Enrique PerezJoseph Enrique Perez
Hi, this one worked for me, 

1 AND 2

I had forgotten save my report. When I did it, I passed the challenge.
Antonio Inserni 1Antonio Inserni 1
Hi folks. THANK YOU for this post. I did every iteration of 2 or 3 filters, and NONE worked. This one worked first time. Many, many thanks! Antonio.
Alexander RyzhenkoAlexander Ryzhenko
Yatheendranath Seelam Narammagari's solution worked perfectly for me. Thanks a lot!
Jiri BartlJiri Bartl
Make sure that your locale is set up for English(United states) for the user who create and run the report. That was my issue.
Srizan GangolSrizan Gangol
I was stuck with the ERROR:
Please check that you have a filter for Stages that are not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost.
I finally figured out that, you actually need to have "Closed Won" and "Closed Lost" in same line like this:
Screenshot#1
This gives:
 Filter Logic:1 AND (2)
1. Amount greater than "25,000"
2. Stage not equal to "Closed Won , Closed Lost"

Solved!!

Patricia CarrollPatricia Carroll
Hello, I'm having an issue in this challenge stating: 
"Please check that you have a filter for Stages that are not equal to Closed Won or Closed Lost." which I believe I've done.

Filter Logic:1 AND (2)

1. Amount greater than "25000.00"
2. Stage not equal to "Closed Won,Closed Lost"

Michael HardenbolMichael Hardenbol
I also had this problem. When i set my Local to English(United Status) and Currency to dollar it fixed the issue for me.
Juan Miguel De SouzaJuan Miguel De Souza
Very helpful post thanks!
Archana BattaArchana Batta
OMG..!!!!Even i had problem in completing this challenge. My language settings was fine as mentioned above i.e., (Locale as "English (United States)" & Language as "English"). Still my problem was not with the amount filter, it was with Stages. I rechecked the filter logic for stages which is perfect. Problem was the confusion i had with the last point in challenge. Remove and rename the report name by adding 1 at the end. I created two reports one as "High Value Opportunities" and other as "High Value Opportunities1". So, it kept throwing me errors telling that Stages filter is not correct. My mad!!! Finally, i removed "High Value Opportunities1" this filter which went fine. :) I wish i would have seen more appropriate error message for my case.
Narayanan G LNarayanan G L
Same problem as Archana. I completed after deleting High Value Opportunities1
Confusing assignment directions :)
Suman ChaudhurySuman Chaudhury
This is really confusing!! I am getting the same error message regarding the Stages filter. I deleted the "High Value Opportunities1" from the recycle bin, still its giving me the error. Any suggestions?

Emma Jones 1Emma Jones 1
The issue is you need 1 filter for stages with not equal and tick both options after you have set your company to USD and your local settings to US very frustrating!
Maarten MeijerMaarten Meijer
As I already changed everything to US [language] and not run the report, I  saved it dev and "Check the Challenge" in the Trailhead Challenge. Worked for me.
Hugo Hirano 8Hugo Hirano 8
I had the same problem. I was changing my company language and locale but still keep not working. I figured it out that I need to change my PERSONAL language and locale
saurabh sharma 3saurabh sharma 3
Thanks @valds! Your trick worked!!
Bilal A.KhanBilal A.Khan

The Remedy for this problem:

User-added image

is this:

User-added image

Matteo LingiardiMatteo Lingiardi
I tried everything but it doesn't work.
-My language/locale setup is correct both in personal and company setup (English/English (US))
-The org currency is setted to USD
-The filter logic is correct
-I tried to delete the report and then i've created a new one 
with the name High Value Opportunities1
-I tried to write the number 25000 in every format possible
-Inside the dev the report works correctly but the trailhead don't let me pass the challenge, the error displayed is the well known "Please check that you have a filter for Amounts greater than 25,000."

I'm starting to think that is a system problem.

Please help me.

thanks.

Matteo LingiardiMatteo Lingiardi
Eventually to solve the problem i did the challenge on a TrailHead playground maybe my org had some kind of problem.
Angela Johnson 17Angela Johnson 17
I am not able to complete also receiving an message asking me to check my filters.  Is Salesforce going to solve the problem?
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Hi Angela - sorry for all the trouble. In the challenge, we've added instructions for how to change the currency and locale to pass the challenge. At this point, I think we're going to have to change the challenge to remove the currency filter. It's presenting too many problems for everyone. I'll log a bug.
ekta tanwaniekta tanwani
I am not able to complete the challenge. I am facing exactly same problem as described by Matteo Lingiardi above. I am using My Trailhead Playground. Please advise
snchandusnchandu
@ Ekta Tanwani
Try this solution:
Who got the error amount should be greater than 25,000

For currency if you save by typing 25,000 and check at Dashboards you'll see as 25,0.

Here is my solution. Type 25000.00 as in length and decimal format. You'll get no error
vamshidher reddyvamshidher reddy
Boom.... I got it..thanks for the information, it almost took 3 hours tried so many variations but didnt really helped me, after visiting this forum i came to know about the solution,

User-added image

Add filters as same then dont forget to save this.

go back to your traihead click on challege 

you are done
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Hi everyone,

Thanks all for your feedback. We've revised this challenge to remove (1) the 25,000 filter and (2) the closed won, closed lost stage filter.

The reason we removed them is (1) international currency issues and (2) there are multiple ways to filter on stages.

You can find the new challenge live in Trailhead: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/reports_dashboards/units/reports_dashboards_getting_started

Again, thank you for your feedback.