function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kalyan Madabhushi 8Kalyan Madabhushi 8 

Workflow to send Email alert when the opportunity stage is not changed for more than 30/60 days.

I have been asked to create an Email Alert for the Opportunity Owner and his/her boss when an opportunity has remained in a stage for 30 days, then another alert, when time in stage = 60, and so on. Can you please help or advise a workaround.

I have tried to specify the ISCHANGED function, but the picklist would not accept this function. 

Could you let me know about this please.

Thanks
Bertrand PolusBertrand Polus
Here is a solution that should work:
   - Create a field StageLastUpdated__c of type Date indicating the last time the stage has been changed
   - Create a formula field DaysSinceStageUpdated__c of type integer = TODAY() - StageLastUpdated__c
   - Create a workflow rule with the criteria DaysSinceStageUpdated__c = 30 OR DaysSinceStageUpdated__c = 60 sending the email to the owner and the manager of the owner (You will need to have a OwnerManager field on the Opportunity table to be able to do that...)

If you can not have this OwnerManager field, replace the last step by the following:
   - Create a new field picklist SendEmail with possible values 'Pending', 'ToSend', 'Sent' (Default 'Pending')
   - Create a workflow rule with the criteria DaysSinceStageUpdated__c = 30 OR DaysSinceStageUpdated__c = 60 updating the SendEmail field to 'ToSend'
   - Add a trigger which, when SendEmail = 'ToSend', sends the emails and change SendEmail to 'Sent'

Hoping this will solve your problem...
Supraja KallakuriSupraja Kallakuri
Try NOT(ISCHANGED(TEXT(Picklist field)))
Note: on my previous solution, I wrote:
   - Create a workflow rule with the criteria DaysSinceStageUpdated__c = 30 OR DaysSinceStageUpdated__c = 60 updating the SendEmail field to 'ToSend'

But I am not sure the workflow rule will be trigerred on the change of a formula field. If it does not work, replace it by a Time-Dependent Action based on StageLastUpdated__c and it should work.

Kalyan Madabhushi 8Kalyan Madabhushi 8
Hi,

Is it possible to trigger emails based on dynamic stage values ? 

If we need emails to be triggered automatic (without the pain of editing or creating a record) , Is it possible via triggers or do we have any app for it? 
Danny IncompanyDanny Incompany
Hey folks, don't complicate yourself, you do not even need a formula for this, check best answer here, it work perfectly for me:

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gxAKAAY

Cheers!
Danny, as far as I know, the solution you are refferring to does not allow to send an email to the boss of the owner.

So you will still have to make the same things as indicated previously and the complexity of the solution will be almost the same...
Cindy OuelletteCindy Ouellette
Hi Bertrand, I think this may solve my problem that you have mentions above, however I am not abel to create a workflow rule, can you help?

Looking to create a Workflow to send Email alert when the opportunity stage is not changed for more than 30/60 days on both opportunities and leads and have ti recurring, so once they touch it, it will reset for the next wo days.

Deepak Adhikari 9Deepak Adhikari 9
Hi Bertrand Polus, Your sloution looks right at the beggining. I tried to use it to send email to opportunity owner using workflow rule and a formula field for the manager email : Owner.Manager.Email but I cannot get this info into receipent email ID in Email alert design. we only have User-added image
Its seems that we can do this uing Flows but again can not use one of the sanderd email alert as we are not able to use opportunity managers email in email alert setup. Can some one elaborate on this and help me to work around this.