function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC_BigDogSFDC_BigDog 

Refreshing a Sandbox

My company has production(enterprise edition) and developer sandbox. The developer sandbox is last refreshed in December. In the last 5 months many changes are made in production(eg: custom objects,buttons,etc). Now I would like to update sandbox to be an exact replica of Production. I know as ours is dev sandbox we can just have replica but not everything.

My question is if I go ahead and refresh the sandbox, will it it able to update the sandbox and have the exact replica of produciton?
Do I have to do any other to make sure that sandbox is exact replica of production.

Any insights would be helpful
KaranrajKaranraj
Basicall sandbox refresh will copy all the metadata and data from production instances to your sandbox instance. Since you are using develpoer sandbox it will copy only the metadata information. Check this link for more details - http://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=data_sandbox_create.htm

Note:- Make sure to take back up of any In progress development in your developer sandbox which is not migrated to production, because sandbox refresh will be the erase your sandbox and copy the production data and metadata.
SFDC_BigDogSFDC_BigDog
Hey Karanraj,

After the refresh can I go ahead and code in the sandbox or do I have to anything to make sure that I have everything in the sandbox from production. i.e. metadata
KaranrajKaranraj
Yes once its got completed, you can start your development in the sandbox. If any data is copied from production example contact you have to mask the email address in the records to avoid any notifications sent to your customers from the sandbox instances. You are having developer sandbox so you don't have to worry about that.