function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
venkateswararao pasupuletivenkateswararao pasupuleti 

trigger on visual force page

hi,
 i am new to writing vf pages. can we write the triggers on visual force pages,if yes how and how to call triggers in vf pages.
if object associated with vf pages trigger will fire or not?
ManojjenaManojjena
HI venkateswararao,
I don't think it is possibel ,why you need trigger in Vf pages . If you have any requirment you can create an IDEA .NOw it is not availbale in SFDC .
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi ,

You can not write trigger on VF pages but you can write trigger on Object...Trigger will fire when you perform any DML so if in your page you are doing any DML then you can write a trigger on that object and when you perform DML from page, your trigger will fire..

Let me know what exactly you need so we can help you out.

Thanks,
Sandeep
ManojjenaManojjena
Hi ,
ApexPages is a object in salesforce which stores all VF pages details .However currently there is no option to write trigger on that object .I don't think we need any to write trigger on that ,if any requirent is thee we can share a idea in salesforce which will help .

Thanks 
Manoj
HI,

I agree with you Manoj,

But may be he wants to simply do somecalculation when he perofrms DML from any page..in that case we can haev a trigger on that specific object..so His requirnment should be clear to help him out.
Hi Venkatesh,

It would be good if you can elaborate what exactly you need so community can help you..

Thanks