function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Abraham FranklinAbraham Franklin 

Recruitment app: Setting up profiles issue.

Hi,

I am working on recruitment app and am unable to see the profiles option under manage users. Lookd up questions asked by other users. They said since it is professional version, I am not able to access profiles option.

However, the previous times, I had gotten father along and discovered that I did not have sufficient licences to continue with app creation and they suggested the professional version with 20 licences was the way to go.

But now I am working with an account with professional licence and am unable to see the profiles option.

Please suggest what I can do to proceed with professional licence but be able to create profiles.

Thanks,
AL.
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Professional edition is what I understand you currently have. This version, as you already know, doesn't give you the ability to edit/create new profiles (reference:http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/Content/dev_packages_ge_pe_access_control.htm) You will have to upgrade to an Enterprise edition to create try this app  or get a developer org if you are creating this app for learning purpose.
Muralidhar SingriMuralidhar Singri
Sonam:

Thanks for your reply. Development edition will not work since we cannot create as many users as are needed in the app. Thus I had to switch over. So what you are saying is that the recruitment app will not be able to be created unless we have Enterprise edition access. Am I right?
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Yes Muralidhar, you need to have the ability to create multiple profiles that are required in the recruting app and that would only be possible once you have access to create and edit the existing profiles.