function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LBSLBS 

Using Git, BitBucket using Egit

Hi There,

We have started using Git and Bitbucket as our version controling system. Also we are using Egit plugin as the GUI for git. We created a team in bitbucket, added our developers in to it and start working on it. 
So using eclipse ide I have created a force.com project, added necesary meta data and commited and pushed the project to bitbucket. And my team members were succesfully imported the same project in to their workspace.

And the issue came when one of the team members wanted add a brand new class in to the their local project. When he tries to do that it simply requires credentials to add the class to the project. And it requires my credentials, he couldnt do that using his salesforce credentials. How to avoid these types of issues in IDE? Are there any best practice to follow? Because I simply can not give away my credentiols to team members to add new codes. 

Thanks,
Mudi

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
We use git via Beanstalk and I simply add people to my repository to allow them access - that way they have their own credentials.  I'm haven't used BitBucket, but I'd expect it to have similar capabilities.