function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rod AtienzaRod Atienza 

In Cases, is there a way to set the subject of an email when pressing the send email button

From a case, my client would like to have the subject of the email to be prepopulated with 'Case#: 0003233' when they hit the Send an 'Email button'. Is there a way to do this. I can't find a way to edit the 'Send an Email' button.
James LoghryJames Loghry
The easiest way would be to train them to use the "Select template" button, and create an Email Template that uses the Case# in the subject.  Other than that, you're looking at removing the Send an Email button from that related list and rolling your own custom button and Visualforce page (and Apex standard set controller extension) to implement the requirement.  
Rod AtienzaRod Atienza
where would i customize that button. I know on the page layout of cases, i am unable to remove that button.
James LoghryJames Loghry
If you're talking about the Send an Email button on the related activity history list, you can indeed remove the button.  You would need:
  1. Go to edit the Case page layout
  2. Scroll down to the Activity History related list.  
  3. Click the wrench icon on the related list.
  4. Expand the "buttons" page section.
  5. Uncheck the "Send an Email" button
Then you could add your custom Send an Email button to the top of the Case page layout or elsewhere.
Rod AtienzaRod Atienza
No, the Send an Email from the Email List, which says the list is not customizable.
James LoghryJames Loghry
Ah gotcha.  Yeah, then you're looking at removing the email related list altogether, and perhaps rolling your own Inline visualforce page.  At that point, it's probably worth a chat with the client and maybe they'd be willing to use the "select template" button instead.