function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anshuman Chauhan 10Anshuman Chauhan 10 

Lighting Component not working.

Built few lightning components for listing records,redirecting to particular record detail after clicking from the list view, add new record and redirecting between these components with e.force.navigateToComponent event. This worked for few days but not working now. I looked into it did not able to found the issue. May be its because their version automatically changed to 34 previously it was 33. Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards
Anshuman Chauhan 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
Have you tried changing the version back to 33?  Version 34 is Summer 15 which is not GA yet for most instances, so there could still be bugs being fixed.
Anshuman Chauhan 10Anshuman Chauhan 10
@bob_buzzard :
    Thanks for your reply, I was trying to change the version but did not found any way to change it.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
The reason for this is that the navigateToComponent event is not supported and has been removed as part of Summer 15 : https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=Lightning&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS&id=906F0000000BLeZIAW
Hubert JaskolskiHubert Jaskolski
any idea how to handle the redirection between lightning components without the navigateToComponent method? I can't find a way to do it

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
I haven't found a way to do this. The mechanism I've adopted is to use a thin wrapper component with a 'content' div and dynamically create components to swap into this div. Its more work, but one upside is its pretty quick.
Danryl Carpio 8Danryl Carpio 8
Hi bob_buzzard.. Will you be great if you will show us how will you do that ?.. Please Post us a Complete Tutorial how will you do that.
Danryl Carpio 8Danryl Carpio 8
@bob_buzzard or maybe you can post your example here ... https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/88767/lightning-app-redirect-from-1-component-to-another-component
bk sbk s
Bob's method is the only viable good option, but have in mind that handling component event will 
Be challenging.