function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chris_centrachris_centra 

VF with Chatter and rerender - issue

Hello.  I have a VF page which includes various text/links/etc and a Chatter feed.  One of the links allows the user to vote on some content - it is an apex:commandLink which calls a controller method and re-renders a small section of the page (specifically the voting area so that the count is updated).  That works fine - however when the section re-renders, i notice that other areas of the page change a bit (fonts are changed, and some other odd things).  I experimented and found that if I remove the Chatter feed, the issue not longer occurs.  I asked a UI expert to look at it and he said:

(start)
When the page receives a response to that AJAX call, a completely new stylesheet is automatically added to the page by SalesForce:

common!chatterCore!chatterExtended.css

This new stylesheet overrides the #toolbar CSS properties established in the extended!setup.css file of SalesForce (which turned off that background image).  It changes the padding and adds that unwanted background image back in.
(end)

Has anyone seen this?  Is there a way to suppress this?

Thanks for your time.
chris
ShashankShashank (Salesforce Developers) 
From what I checked internally, this issue is no longer happening and the same has been communicated to you. Please let me know if you are still facing it.