function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nam NguyenNam Nguyen 

Workflow rule for New Client Email when an Opportunity is Closed-Won.

I've set up a workflow so that a new client email gets sent out to our onboarding team every time an opportunity is closed-won (new client email includes details of the deal).  I have it set up as follows:

Evaluate the rule when a record is:  created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria
Run this rule if the following criteria are met (Opportunity: Stage equals Closed Won).

After an opportunity is closed-won, if the reps decides to go back into the opportunity to update a field, it sends out another new client email.  Which field do I need to change so that it does not send multiple new client emails?
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
this needs to change :
Evaluate the rule when a record is:  created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria
TO:
Evaluate the rule when a record is:  created

Steve BrookesSteve Brookes
I am afraid Sonam answer is incorrect. As its unlikely the opportunity will be 'Closed Won' at creation.

There are a number of ways you could do this, the easiest would to be to add a checkbox (which you could hide off the page layout), lets call it ClosedWonEmailSent__c - then add an update action to your workflow that ticks the box. Then add to the criteria ClosedWonEmailSent__c = False - and then it will only run the once!