function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joshua Johnson 7Joshua Johnson 7 

Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

PI integration to SFDC stopped working 2 weeks ago. PI uses SOAP calls to create Account records in SFDC and now fails with the following errror:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: Failed to get the input stream from socket: iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

Any ideas on how to correct?

kaustav goswamikaustav goswami
If you are still trying to connect to Salesforce using SSL then your request will be rejected. Salesforce has upgraded their security protocols and now connects thorugh the TLS protocol.

If this is the problem then you will have to include your network security team and make sure that the TLS protocol is used.

Thanks,
Kaustav
Balraj SinghBalraj Singh
Hello Kaustav,

Thanks for your response. 

We are also facing the same issue while integrating SAP PI with Salesforce. We already have port 443 open for communication with Salesforce. We also have SSL enabled in our landscape.

I requests you to kindly provide some additional detail about the TLS protocol so that I can talk to my security team accordingly.

Thanks,
Balraj Singh
kaustav goswamikaustav goswami
You can visit this link to find out the details of the changes.Salesforce and the POODLE SSL Vulnerability | Tquila But since you mentioned that it was working fine until 2 weeks ago - can you check if anything has changed from your network end as well.
Balraj SinghBalraj Singh
Hello Kaustav,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry to say, but I am not able to find a link in your previous post. Can you please share it again? 

Also, I would like to ensure you that no changes have been made at Nework end from our side. As you mentioned that SalesForce has moved from SSL to TLS, that seeems to be the reason for integration getting failed. 

Can you please us with a guide to move from SSL to TLS so that we can implement the changes at our end. Also, we are not exchanging any certificates between SAP PI-SalesForce integration as it is a HTTP to HTTPS call.

Thanks,
Balraj Singh