function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anuj ShahAnuj Shah 

Not able to find created Report.

While i am trying to create record using report buiilderf and save with the name it shows me error like this in the Screen shot but by mistake i created same named record earlier but not able to find that earlier created report.

User-added image
Please telll me how i find previous report that  I created  earlier on Opportunity object and how should i edit that?

Thanks in advance.
Best Answer chosen by Anuj Shah
KaranrajKaranraj
Try the below solutions,

Solution 1 - If your old report still exist in recycle bin,
  • Undelete the old report from recycle bin.
  • Change that previously deleted report's name.
  • Then you can save a new report with the old name.
Solution 2
As per this thread https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008pGpIAI
Even though when we delete it from Recycle Bin section, It has to delete from Salesforce Backup Servers. The Report might be still exist in the SF database which causing the above error. Every weekend SF performs clean up activities for their data. Once that happen you can able to create Report with the same name that you are looking for.

All Answers

SarfarajSarfaraj
If you are System Administrator you should have access to all reports. In that case probably you or someone else has deleted the report that you may have created earlier. If you delete a report then the report unique name remains reserved and you cannot create any other report with same unique name.

If you are not a System Administrator please check if you have access to all report folders in your org and then try to find it out.
Anuj ShahAnuj Shah
Hello Akram
I am a System Administrator but i dont find that created report tell me how should i find?

KaranrajKaranraj
Try the below solutions,

Solution 1 - If your old report still exist in recycle bin,
  • Undelete the old report from recycle bin.
  • Change that previously deleted report's name.
  • Then you can save a new report with the old name.
Solution 2
As per this thread https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008pGpIAI
Even though when we delete it from Recycle Bin section, It has to delete from Salesforce Backup Servers. The Report might be still exist in the SF database which causing the above error. Every weekend SF performs clean up activities for their data. Once that happen you can able to create Report with the same name that you are looking for.
This was selected as the best answer
justin_sfdcjustin_sfdc
Hi Anuj,
Since, Report is not an sObject we cannot run a SOQL to find the id. However, I think your best bet would be running the report on Report itself. There you should get the list of all the reports that are in your org (except for the ones created by the users and stored in their personal folders). You will still have to eye ball it but add some date filters so that your results are less.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!
SarfarajSarfaraj
If you cannot find the report you may look into the recycle bin to see if the report exists there. If you dont find it there then probably it is permanently deleted. But the name will be reserved. You cannot create another report with same unique name.
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Hi Anuj,

Please try to execute below query in develope console. Then you can found your old report

SELECT DeveloperName,Id,Name FROM Report

User-added image
Then With salesforce ID you can Open your Report in Salesforce UI like below

https://ap1.salesforce.com/00O900000020655EAA

Please let us know if this will help you.

Anuj ShahAnuj Shah
Thanks Karanraj , justin_sfdc and Akram for your good suggestions.