function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonathan SheehanJonathan Sheehan 

Group Event Attendance

I am having a hard time figuring out how to organize some contacts. A few facts:
- We host events for college students.
- Over the life of a person, they may 1) attend in a group where someone else purchases their ticket and provides us their information 2) purchase a ticket for them self 3) purchase a ticket for them self and someone else
- I am trying to figure out how to keep track of the relationships between people. IE, it is important to know if someone purchased 200 tickets (they would be a large customer), but I want to be able to know if someone attended in the past with a group, and now is attending by them self.

Any ideas/direction to point me in?
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
A "junction object" with lookups to and from Contact (and potentially with the event you're hosting) could provide you this information - but it would be very good for you to provide your object schema (screenshot works!) here to ensure that we're giving you the best information.
Sumitkumar_ShingaviSumitkumar_Shingavi
1. Use contact object for storing Students information
2. Use Ticket__c object for storing available tickets (You might need a rollup field which counts total tickets booked for a event.)
3. You will need another object which will store Event details. Might be something like Event__c
4. You need to create a tripod junction object which is BookedTicket__c having 2 M-D fields Event__c and Ticket__c and 1 Lookup field Contact__c.

Hope this helps! Mark it as answer if this solves your problem.