function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay NagarathinamVijay Nagarathinam 

Map Markerks limit..

Hi All,

I have one task. I want to display 100 map markers in a single visualforce page. I tried apex:map tag, but 10 makers only per page. I tried some javascirpt coding also, again I got 10 markers only. so please give me your suggestion how to display 100 map markers in a page. 

Thanks,
Vijay
Sumitkumar_ShingaviSumitkumar_Shingavi
Hello Vijay,

Bottomline is you need to use paid Google services if you want to increase limit of 10. This limit has came with API V3. The Google Geocoding services are rate limited and subject to quotas (to prevent abuse), the (paid) Google Maps API for Business, does have higher limits. The usual suggestion is to geocode the loctions offline, store the coordinates in your database, then use those coordinates to display the markers.

If you can't store the locations in your database, you need to check the return value in the geocoder and delay when it returns over query limit errors. There are examples of doing that both here in SO and in the Google Maps API v3 group.

Hope this helps! Mark it as solution if you are good!

Thanks,
Sumit
Sasha_SFDCSasha_SFDC
Hello Vijay,

You can display up to 100 markers on the map using apex:mapMarker tag with apex:map, however, there is a limit of 10 geocoding requests per map. So you will need to geocode your addresses first, and then set position attribute for the apex:mapMarker using latitude and longitude instead of the address.

Thanks,
       Sasha