function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
The_A-RodThe_A-Rod 

Wait for first process to end in batch file for dataloader

the following batch file i have written below seems to run the two beans for my process at the same time.

Is there a way to ensure that the first bean is finished, before running the 2nd?

C:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\
start process.bat "\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\3rd test" GCDentityupsert
start process.bat "\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\3rd test" extrefinsert
Exit

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
try this:
C:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\data loader\bin\
start /WAIT process.bat "\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\3rd test" GCDentityupsert
start /WAIT process.bat "\\fsdata01\Department\eCommerce\BIU\Salesforce\Dataloader\Dev\3rd test" extrefinsert
Exit
The /WAIT parameter will pause subsequent execution until the command has terminated.
The_A-RodThe_A-Rod
That doesn't quite work, one just doesn't run at all. I think the problem is that two separate cmd windows open up, rather than the two processes running in the same window one after the other.
What is that "process.bat" file?
The_A-RodThe_A-Rod
it's the standard process file to launch the dataloader process. Which i have not touched
Hey hey hey!  Check out this board post:  https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008o6WIAQ