function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zoom_VZoom_V 

Followers seeing posts in my Chatter feed

I follow certain records with sensative material in them. Some of my Followers may not have access to their types of records. I may Follow some of those records, and therefore have Chatter posts from that record show up on my personal Feed. Would one of my Followers then be able to see that post if they were to come to my Profile - or would that post not be visible to them because it originated in a record which they did not have access to ?
Zoom_VZoom_V
Yes, I understand they will still not be able to access the records. But since the Chatter posts from a record (which they do not have access to) is showing up in my personal Feed will they then be able to see that post in my Feed if they were to visit my Profile ? 
Zoom_VZoom_V

I don't really have a snapshot to illustrate my point. I was under the impression that a user would only be able to see a Chatter post put into a record if the user had the ability to also read that specific record. That seems like a flaw to me. I have users who are hesitant to use Chatter for the reason of exchanging potentially sensative information for this type of reason. 

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

Neil HayekNeil Hayek
Zoom_V, your impression is the expected behavior.  A user should not be able to see Chatter posts on a record that they don't have access to, even if they are following someone who has access.  If you or Sumitkhumar_Shingavi see otherwise, please let us know.
alouie_sfdcalouie_sfdc
Agree with Neil's answer (we both work for Salesforce). And since we're on the developer forum, the way to understand this in the API is that the feed item's parent controls who can access the feed item. If a user doesn't have access to the parent (a record in this case), then the user will not be able to view any feed items posted to the parent.
jody_blyjody_bly
Zoom_V, would you mind choosing Neil's answer as Best? I'm concerned that the current Best Answer has incorrect informaiton. Thanks!