function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Alan MunsonAlan Munson 

No option to make a report or Dashboard Folder private.

Hello all,
    Our company is new to sales force and I'm working on setting up multiple reports and dashboards.  I discovered that any user can access any of the folders I created.  Searching through Help pages and googleing the problem the solutions all say to select make the folder private, however I have no option to do so.  When I edit or create a folder the only options I have are the name of the folder and the unique name.  When I share the folder to only certain users the other users can still access the folders.
      Also I have checked the permissions for the standard users and they have very limited permissions.  The only way I could stop them from accessing the folders was disabling the run reports permission but then they would get insufficient privleges error when trying to access the Report or Dashboard tabs.
     Any solutions of why I don't have options to make folders private and why the sharing doesn't work properly would be helpful.
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Are you talking about this?  It's not incredibly intuitive until you stumble on it the first time:

User-added image

User-added image
Grond1lGrond1l
Andy -  I'm having the same problem Alan was having. When I try to edit my folders, I only get the option to enter the label and name. I don't see the options you have available. Is this because I only have Enterprise Edition?
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Have you tried this? https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=analytics_sharing_enable.htm
Dilip KrDilip Kr
Hi Andy,

I am having same issue, Alan and Grond was having. I can see only two attribute label and Unique name on edit of folder. I have gone though above link, all i found that everything is enabled there. Also checked all permission in profile related to report, still having the problem. Any idea how do i enable public folder option?
Adam WilliamsonAdam Williamson
the issue is a permission in the profile or individual user under system permissions. view all folders is probably checked.