function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ian SidleIan Sidle 

Not able to install SteelBrick Package

I have contacted our acocunt manager at the ISV (Steelbrick) and they said we need to create a case with you before it can be resolved.

Since we do not have a prmier plan, support told me I had to start here with the request before I can get assistance (even though it is impossiable for anyone outside of salesforce support to address the issue).

1. Unexpected Error
The package installation failed. Please provide the following information to the publisher:
Organization Name: Gigamon
Organization ID: 00D180000000mPU
Package: SteelBrick CPQ
Version: 22.0
Error Message: The post install script failed.
Best Answer chosen by Sonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Ian SidleIan Sidle

After a lot of trial and error, it looks like the post-install script could not handle any custom fields being added to the Steel Brick Managed Objects (Price Rules and Price Actions in particular).  

I know their development team is working on a final fix for the issue but in the meantime.

A)Contact steelbrick support and they can a verson they can push that doesn't have the issue

B)DIY
1)Delete All custom fields (remember to backup first!) w/ related triggers/workflows/etc
2)Install upgrade
3)Un-delete all custom fields, restore triggers,etc.

I also discovered through trial and error that there is a way to see the error message that occurs when the managed package install fails using debug logs (NOT the logs in the developer console).  

Setup -> Logs -> Debug Logs -> Add Current User).

User-added image

Interestingly, the support teams (both SFDC and Steelbrick) was not aware of this and believed only partner support was capable of seeing the error message (hence the need to escalate the issue...). Hopefully this tidbit will be helpful to someone else in a simular situation. 

All Answers

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Came across your internal case :#12139928 and understand you have been given a resolution.Kindly try that and see if it fixes the issue. Also, share the same on the community so it can help a broader audience.

Ian SidleIan Sidle

After a lot of trial and error, it looks like the post-install script could not handle any custom fields being added to the Steel Brick Managed Objects (Price Rules and Price Actions in particular).  

I know their development team is working on a final fix for the issue but in the meantime.

A)Contact steelbrick support and they can a verson they can push that doesn't have the issue

B)DIY
1)Delete All custom fields (remember to backup first!) w/ related triggers/workflows/etc
2)Install upgrade
3)Un-delete all custom fields, restore triggers,etc.

I also discovered through trial and error that there is a way to see the error message that occurs when the managed package install fails using debug logs (NOT the logs in the developer console).  

Setup -> Logs -> Debug Logs -> Add Current User).

User-added image

Interestingly, the support teams (both SFDC and Steelbrick) was not aware of this and believed only partner support was capable of seeing the error message (hence the need to escalate the issue...). Hopefully this tidbit will be helpful to someone else in a simular situation. 

This was selected as the best answer