function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mak OneMak One 

Can we make social networking site like facebook in Salesforce

Seeing Salesforce Procing I don't think it is possible. As anyone can join the website and we have to pay huge license fee for that new user. After that the user may post a lot  of content into Salesforce which may reach the Salesforce limit and so we need to perform additional licenses.
Just wanted to confirm that we cannot build a Social Networking site in Salesforce.
Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani
Yes we can do that.
You can also Integrate salesforce with Facebook.
Mak OneMak One
But how? Don't we have to pay for each user who joined? And how to manage sessions in that case as Salesforce changes session in each Page?
James LoghryJames Loghry
Mak One,

I'd suggest taking a look at Salesforce Communities.  My company recently built a pretty extensive social platform utilizing Salesforce communities.  
As far as licensing goes, you have to types of Communities licenses you can choose from; Member-based or Login-based. If you use member-based licenses, then you pay for x number of users with unlimited number of logins for each user.  For login-based licensing, you're paying for a number of logins per month.  For more info on the communities licensing see here: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_license_types_communities.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=users_license_types_communities.htm&language=en_US)
Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani
Mak One 

What is your actual requirement.
How many users you have.
What you want to achieve by that networking.
Mak OneMak One
I want to create a website where anyone can create account and will posts pics, videos or anything on which the user is good at. And that user can collaborate with other users also and can share other's posts also.
Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani
Yes you have to pay for the user licenses.
I would suggest to use the sites and create a custom Object solution.
There is a limit of space as well so you may need some cloud storage where you can have integration with salesforce.

Hope this helps !!!!!!!
Urvish ShahUrvish Shah
James Loghry : Can you please provide more about your experience with building a social network type of application w/ Salesforce communities?
I believe it gets very expensive with grwoing users on the application? Can you provide more inputs on licensing strategies you think might be useful?

Thanks.
Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani
@Urvish Shah,

You can opt for a login based model for the communities which is really cost-effective.
Angel BaldwinAngel Baldwin
I don’t know how possible and realistic to build a social network on this engine. I think this is a popular direction, although I don't use social networks too often. I mainly use Facebook for personal purposes and looking for employers. Several times I had unpleasant situations when my account was blocked and this source helped me a lot in this https://www.antiban.pro/en/ Thanks to this, I restored the account, although it cost a lot of effort.