function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael Johnson 29Michael Johnson 29 

<chatter:userPhotoUpload> showheader="false" Broken?

Recently I've noticed setting showheader="false" breaks the ability to change the profile picture on a Visualforce page in <chatter:userPhotoUpload>. Anyone have any work arounds or know if this is intentional?

This allows you to click the image and change the picture without issue.

<apex:page>
	<chatter:userPhotoUpload showOriginalPhoto="true"/>
</apex:page>

This does not. Is there a script missing I can import?
<apex:page showheader="false">

Best Answer chosen by Michael Johnson 29
My workaround for the issue was creating another Visualforce page with showheader not set to false and embedding it within the page with parameters "?isdtp=nv". This hides the header and sidebar on the embedded page but allows you to change the photo.

<!--ChatterPhoto-->

<!--MainPage-->
	<iframe src="/apex/ChatterPhoto?nsdtp=nv" border="0" style="width:100%;height:280px;" scrolling="no"/>

All Answers

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael,

Did some research and found out that its  I informed you that <chatter:userPhotoUpload /> is working as designed. It will only work with showheader=True as it designed to work that way.

I request you to post an idea on the ideaexchange as it is monitored by our Product Management Team so they can understand the requirement and its promoted heavily can prioritize it for implementation.
My workaround for the issue was creating another Visualforce page with showheader not set to false and embedding it within the page with parameters "?isdtp=nv". This hides the header and sidebar on the embedded page but allows you to change the photo.

<!--ChatterPhoto-->

<!--MainPage-->
	<iframe src="/apex/ChatterPhoto?nsdtp=nv" border="0" style="width:100%;height:280px;" scrolling="no"/>

This was selected as the best answer