function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raghu.2020Raghu.2020 

Trailhead module error - Build a Conference Management App - Creating a data model

Hi,

I am trying to complete the topic Creating a data model under the module 'Build a Conference Management App' in Trailhead. However, even after doing everything right with the speaker object. The challenge still throws an error. Did anyone else complete the challenge. 

Thank you,
Satyanarayana
Best Answer chosen by Raghu.2020
Raghu.2020Raghu.2020
Ok. I found out what the problem is. The field 'First Name' in the Speaker Object was not visible. I set it to visible and it worked. 

All Answers

NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Satyanarayana,

I tried to replicate the scenario, but dont see any error, can you let me know what exactly the error is?

Best Regards
Naga Kiran
Bassem SelimBassem Selim
Same problem, error message is:
Step not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The Speaker custom object either does not exist or does not contain the correct set of custom fields 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.

I've checked all steps multiple times and it matches the steps required.
Fayyaz A. MianFayyaz A. Mian
Looks like you are using two different orgs.
Raghu.2020Raghu.2020
Hi Naga Kiran,

Below is the error. 

Step not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The Speaker custom object either does not exist or does not contain the correct set of custom fields 
Note: you may run into errors if you've skipped previous steps.

I verified all the fields and they are correct.

Thank you,
Satyanarayana
Raghu.2020Raghu.2020
Hi FAMian,

I am using only one org. 

Thank you,
Satyanarayana
Raghu.2020Raghu.2020
Ok. I found out what the problem is. The field 'First Name' in the Speaker Object was not visible. I set it to visible and it worked. 
This was selected as the best answer
Bassem SelimBassem Selim
Thanks Satyanaraya
In my Dev org it was the 'Last Name' field that was hidden, thanks for sharing the resolution.
Sathyavelrajan AvudaiappanSathyavelrajan Avudaiappan
Also if anyone has this issue then please make sure that the following are setup correctly. That migt help to resolve the issue.

>> In the Custom Fields & Relationships section, click New, and create a Session field defined as follows:
Data Type: Master-Detail Relationship
Related To: Session
Field Label: Session
Field Name: Session
Click Next, Next, Next, set the Related List Label to "Speakers" and click Save & New.

>> Create a Speaker field defined as follows:
Data Type: Master-Detail Relationship
Related To: Speaker
Field Label: Speaker
Field Name: Speaker
satyam singhsatyam singh
I have created all the fields and objects absolutely same as given but its showing this error.......
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The Session custom object either does not exist, does not contain the correct set of custom fields or the field types are incorrect. Please also check for typos in the object and field names. 

suggest me how can I resolve it
Sudipta Ghosh 9Sudipta Ghosh 9
Check your FLS, provide FLS to all profiles. Thar should resolve the issue
anna wang 1anna wang 1
I found out what the problem is. The field 'Bio' in the Speaker Object was not visible. I set it to visible and it worked.
Will OkanumeWill Okanume
I had to Enable Session Speakers object permissions:
Setup > Permission Sets >  Click 'Conference App User' > Cliick 'Object Settings' > Click 'Session Speakers' > Edit > Enable Object permission checkbox for "Read, Create, Edit and Delete"
Dennis DukeDennis Duke
I have the same error.. for some reason i have no place to put the starting number as one..in speaker session. i dont know why???
Samruddhi KohatSamruddhi Kohat
The solution is to change the permission of Bio field in Speaker object to read and edit for System Administrator Profile.
karriche hakimkarriche hakim
Check the type of fields, i had the same error in Object Session because i put the session date type to Date instead Date/Time.
For each object check exactly the type of fields as mentioned in the project
Shashi Mogalgiddi 3Shashi Mogalgiddi 3
I am doing the trailhead exercise under 
Access Salesforce Data with Lightning Web Components Open Source 
Import Sample Data and getting this error
We can't find a record on the Session object. Make sure to include at least one record on the Session object.

No idea what is wrong here.  Followed the exact steps.